Parents, Teachers and Friends Association
Scan to QR Code to join Cragside PTFA's WhatsApp group
As a parent, guardian, extended family member, teacher, governor or even just part of the local community you are a member of the PTFA.
The PTFA is an opportunity to meet others, have fun and play a part in helping your local school. We are a registered charity, our aim is to raise money to enhance the learning environment and experience at Cragside Primary.
What does the PTFA do?
The school receives limited money from the government. The extra money generated by the PTFA fund raising is used to enhance the school environment and experience, as well as bringing the school community together.
What we has been funded recently?
· Christmas theatre trips
· Class Christmas parties
· Year 6 leavers jumpers, books and video
· Subsidising coach trips
· Reading books
· Maths equipment
PTFA Fundraising Events
During the covid pandemic it was very difficult to run the PTFA and events. The current committee is keen to change this. Recent events include:
· Winter festival
· Summer get together
· Quiz nights
· Pre-loved Uniform Sale
· Cake sales
How can you help?
We always welcome support and involvement, it can be as little or as much as you want.
· Join our active WhatsApp group, QR code below
· Attend our regular meetings, offer ideas and support
· Volunteer to help with a fundraising events
· Equally just come along and enjoy events
· Are you linked to a business that could sponsor a stall or event?
· Are you an employee where your employer might offer match-funding schemes? This is when an employer matches what you help to raise for a charity, or offers other benefits for the charity. For example, if you help the raffle and the raffle raises £500 then we could get another £500 donated by them. Please ask your HR departments at your work place.
· Become a class rep and help coordinate any class-based fundraising.
Lots of practical ways where you could help - collecting or donating prizes, running a stall at the fair, applying for grants, sponsorship or donations from employers etc..
The success of any fundraiser is dependent on the generous support from parents, class reps, friends and staff. We very much appreciate this support.
· Have ideas or wish to volunteer? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Also, check out our Facebook page Cragside PTFA, or join the WhatsApp group via the QR code.
Your PTFA committee
A Parent's Experience
"I attended one of the PTFA meetings when my daughter started reception. I then became a class Rep and committee member. There is no pressure to attend all meetings. I help with events when I can, which has been fulfilling and fun. I've enjoyed learning about the school and meeting other parents. It has also made me aware of how expensive activities and equipment are and the need to fundraise to support the school".
PTFA Elected Committee
Chair: Emma Lewis
Secretary: Rosie Head
Treasurer: Joanne Murname
Trustees: Zosia Brownsword, Luke McGray, Jennie Webb, Valentina Paterno and Eve Claude Lenez
Staff Trustees: Lucy Howells and Lisa Hall
No image galleries are currently available.